Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is WOW?
Walking on Water is a summertime fashion experience, focused on showcasing and celebrating the best of Toronto’s fashion scene. The event joins together fashion influencers, designers, and enthusiasts in honouring both local and international designers.
- When is WOW?
WOW is annual one day event during the first or second Friday of June.
- How do I showcase at WOW?
- Do you need to be a Canadian brand to showcase?
No, WOW accepts Canadian and international brands to showcase.
- What are the fashion brand/designer requirements to showcase?
Walking on Water allows all brands to apply. We usually look for a minimum of 20 complete looks.
- How can I model for WOW?
Please apply through the Model Application.
- Is WOW a fashion brand/fashion designer?
No, WOW is a collective runway event that produces a fashion show with a conglomerate of brands.
- Does WOW produce for clients outside of the event?
Yes, in January 2021 WOW will be launching their fashion event production and digital content production services. (Soft-launch in November 2020.)
- How long as WOW been around?
WOW was founded January 2018.
- Who is behind the WOW team?
The Founder and Executive Producer of WOW is Carl Landry-Berthelot
- How can I volunteer for WOW?
WOW is always looking for volunteers and freelancers with all kind of skills. Please use our contact form here.
- What fashion brands/designers have participated in WOW in the past?
Fashion brands included: Shelli Oh, JM Trends, Zane Barläs, LABELLAMAFIA Canada, Designs by Vanessa Rose Gallelli, and Pop Sauvage.
WOW Event Questions
- How many guests attend per season/year?
Approximately 150+ guests attend per season/year.
- How many designers showcase per season/year?
The designers showcase varies from 1 to 3 brands per season/year.
- Did COVID-19 stop WOW from continuing?
WOW postponed their June 2020 staple event to a virtual edition in October 2020.
Production Services Questions
- When did WOW start offering production services?
WOW started offering production services officially in January 2021, but with a soft launch of November 2020.
- What services does WOW offer?
FASHION EVENT PRODUCTION:
Fashion Show Production
Model Casting, Talent Management/Booking Services
Backstage Management, Production Teams and Dressers
Sourcing and coordinating Hair & Make-up Teams
Coordinating Venues, Staging & Décor, Set Design, Technical Teams
Stage and Set Design
DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCTION: Campaign Conceptualization and Production Look Book Images E-commerce Images Production Social Media Images Content Music Video Styling Magazine Submissions
DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCTION:
Campaign Conceptualization and Production
Look Book Images
E-commerce Images Production
Social Media Images Content
Music Video Styling
- What is the process to hiring WOW on my production?
The initial process to hiring WOW on your production is to Book a Meeting to review your needs. More steps will be offered during the meeting.
- How to book an appointment with WOW?
Please visit this link to book an appointment/meeting.